This is my retro homepage, though I like to think of it as web dot nothing. I "maintain" it on the basis that there's been a web presence here since the mid-nineties and some people might still think me relevant enough to stalk me. Ideally, I'd have written it entirely in Markdown but shit happens.
Here is some useful - or not so useful - information about me in no particular order of importance:
- I am a Leo. I'm not sure what this actually means but the important bit is that Leos are awesome.
- I am shit at sport. I bought a bicycle once but the only time it's gone anywhere is when I put it in the back of the car to bring it back from the shop.
- I grew up in countryside and moved to a city when I realised I was allergic to animals. I now share my time between the two.
- I did web stuff from 1995-2010, a lot of it online smut-mongery. I don't any more. (Does it show?)
- I currently live in the southish of France and teach English to adults in exchange for cake/gin.
- I enjoy travelling but don't do enough.
- I have a bit of a French car fixation. Big, old, floaty Citroëns, preferably.
- I live in hope that someone might, one day, buy me something from my Amazon wishlist.
- I am not the James Coates who writes for the Chicago Tribune, which is a shame because he probably earns more than me.
- Yes, I do still write the diary.
- I speak - in order of fluency - English, French, PHP, MySQL, bash, Dutch, python
If you're here because of work, you're in the wrong place, but here's a link to an English CV or un CV en Français.
The Interactive Web History Experience starts here...
- 1995-1996, highlights included: filth (2 million hits a week)
- 1997-2011, highlights included: that diary
- 2011-2015, highlights included: a calendar
There is nothing to see here now.
Meanwhile, here are some links to things that may or may not be particularly interesting:
© 2015 The Divine Brown of the Sunset Boulevard of the Information Super-Highway.
Proudly lowering the IQ of the Internet for nearly twenty years Spam me